- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
El Hussein (The Diner)
El Hussein (The Diner) Review
One of the best values in Luxor caters to both Egyptians and foreigners. This no-frills restaurant is clean, the service is friendly, and the location—up a flight of stairs in a small shopping complex—is convenient for a break from shopping or sightseeing. Choose from grilled meats, vegetarian and meat tagines, soups, salads, pizzas, and sandwiches, all competently prepared and served in large portions for remarkably low prices. Air-conditioning, yes; atmosphere, no. No alcohol is served.
- Address: Savoy Market, Corniche al-Nil, just south of El-Luxor Hotel, Corniche, Luxor
- Phone: 095/237–6166
- Location: Luxor
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more