- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Oasis Café Review
In one of the few remaining 19th-century mansions in town, this relaxed eatery decorated in period style lives up to its name. American-owned, it's an informal place with soaring ceilings; color-saturated walls hung with old photographs and works by contemporary Egyptian artists; and a lively crowd of travelers around the globe. Drop in for a coffee or light lunch of soups, sandwiches, or salads. Main dishes feature fresh, organic ingredients and include pastas, curries, or mixed grills, and there's a wicked chocolate cake to finish. A second location is in the works on Shar'a Joseph Hotel.
- Address: Shar‘a Lahib Habashi, Corniche, Luxor
- Phone: 095/237–2914
- Location: Luxor
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more