- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
A popular restaurant with visitors of all nationalities, Jamboree has relocated to an upstairs perch in the heart of the pedestrian souk, a mere five-minute walk from Luxor Temple. The menu concentrates on Egyptian staples of roast chicken, grilled meat, and stuffed pigeon accompanied by rice and salad. But you can also opt for shakshouka (scrambled egg with green pepper and tomato), liver and onions with green pepper, Red Sea shrimp in garlic butter, or just prowl the salad bar. Seating indoors behind wide arched windows, or in the adjacent open-air terrace, offers slice-of-life people watching—merchants hawking their wares in the street below, and housewives hanging out the laundry on balconies across the lane. Egyptian beer and wine are served.
- Address: On, Shari'a Souk, at Shar'a Abd el-Hamid Taha, Downtown, Luxor
- Phone: 012/781–3149
- Location: Luxor
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more