The Nile Valley and Luxor Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
The Nile Valley and Luxor Restaurant Reviews
Luxor is a busy tourist destination and has a wide range of restaurants; outside of Luxor, your choices are more limited, particularly in Al Minya. Alcohol is not served everywhere.
The variable city tax on restaurants, combined with service charges, can total as much as 26%. Check menus to verify how each restaurant operates. Unless you are in a major hotel, consider tipping even if a service charge is included in the bill: waiters are not well paid, and the courtesy will be appreciated. If service is not charged, 10% to 15% is a reasonable tip. As a rule, most hotel restaurants are open to the general public. Reservations are recommended at all hotel restaurants.
Browse The Nile Valley and Luxor Restaurants
Browse The Nile Valley and Luxor Restaurants By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's