- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Hot-Air Balloon Rides
Balloon flights make for a very serene and peaceful way of viewing the Valley of the Kings and are a favorite activity among tourists. The balloons take off from the West Bank just after dawn and spend an hour or so gliding over the temples and tombs (exact route depends on the prevailing breezes). If you don't want to take to the air in a balloon, you can take off from the river in a seven-seater seaplane and take in the vistas of the East and West Bank of Luxor under powered flight.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Hot-Air Balloon Rides
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's