The Nile Valley and Luxor Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
The Valley of the Kings. Follow the storyline of the pharaoh's journey into the afterlife in the images from the Book of the Dead on the walls of a royal tomb.
The Temple of Karnak. Stroll among the columns in the "petrified forest" of the hypostyle hall, which was built as a garden for the gods.
Deir el-Bahri. Step back and absorb the panorama of the multitiered facade at the mortuary temple of Queen Hatshepsut.
A Trip on the Nile. Make the Nile your home for a few days, either on the deck of a traditional wind-powered felucca or in the more comfortable cabin of a luxury river cruiser.
The Temple of Edfu. Admire the architectural perfection of the temple dedicated to Horus; it's the finest surviving Ptolemaic-era building in Egypt.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe