The Nile Valley and Luxor Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
The Valley of the Kings: Follow the storyline of the pharaoh's journey into the afterlife in the images from the Book of the Dead on the walls of a royal tomb.
The Temple of Karnak: Stroll among the columns in the "petrified forest" of the hypostyle hall, which was built as a garden for the gods.
Deir el-Bahri: Step back and absorb the panorama of the multitiered facade at the mortuary temple of Queen Hatshepsut.
A Trip on the Nile: Make the Nile your home for a few days, either on the deck of a traditional wind-powered felucca or in the more comfortable cabin of a luxury river cruiser.
The Temple of Edfu: Admire the architectural perfection of the temple dedicated to Horus; it's the finest surviving Ptolemaic-era building in Egypt.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's