- The Valley of the Kings Follow the storyline of the pharaoh's journey into the afterlife in the images from the Book of the Dead on the walls of a royal tomb.
- The Temple of Karnak Stroll among the columns in the "petrified forest" of the hypostyle hall, which was built as a garden for the gods.
- Deir el-Bahri Step back and absorb the panorama of the multitiered facade at the mortuary temple of Queen Hatshepsut.
- A Trip on the Nile Make the Nile your home for a few days, either on the deck of a traditional wind-powered felucca or in the more comfortable cabin of a luxury river cruiser.
- The Temple of Edfu Admire the architectural perfection of the temple dedicated to Horus; it's the finest surviving Ptolemaic-era building in Egypt.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More