This small but impressive complex was built in 1440 by the executive secretary to Sultan Jaqmaq. Fitting the standard minaret, entrance portal, sabil-kuttab, and dome into a single ensemble required a talented architect. Much of the top part of the building is an Ottoman reconstruction, including the final tier of the minaret. The work is clearly of a lower standard, demonstrating architecturally the demotion in Cairo's status from the capital of an empire to that of a province within an empire.
Saghri Wardi, Shar'a Saliba, Cairo, Egypt