Sights & Attractions in Cairo
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Fodor's Choice Sights in Cairo
Built in 1092, this is one of three remaining gates of Fatimid...
|Architectural Sites||Islamic Cairo South|
Housing the world's largest collection of Coptic Christian artwork...
|Museums / Galleries||Coptic Cairo (Mari Girgis)|
The Egyptian Antiquities Museum
On the north end of Maydan Tahrir, this huge neoclassical building...
|Museums / Galleries||Downtown and Bulaq|
Mosque of Ibn Tulun
This huge congregational mosque was built in 879 by Ahmad Ibn...
|Religious Sites, Architectural Sites||The Citadel and Sayyida Zaynab|
Three 4th-Dynasty pyramids dominate the skyline of the desert...
|Memorials / Monuments||Giza|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe