- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Teti's Pyramid Review
This pyramid measures 257 feet square and originally rose to 172 feet. Recognizing this as a pyramid is quite difficult, because the casing stones were stolen and the structure has been reduced to a pile of rubble. The site has two queens' pyramids to the east and north, which are virtually indistinguishable from the sand, and a mortuary temple to the east. The burial chamber, with its pointed roof, is decorated with pyramid texts and contains a basalt sarcophagus. Teti ruled from 2323–2291 BC.
- Address: Saqqara
- Cost: £E60, as part of the Saqqara general admission
- Hours: Daily 8–4
- Location: Saqqara
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more