- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
This small, unostentatious bookstore is one of the world's premier sources for antique maps and out-of-print books with Middle Eastern themes. The store smells appropriately musty, and you might easily while away an afternoon looking through the old postcards, photographs, and assembled treasures. Ask a clerk to show you what Downtown, particularly Opera Square, used to look like—it will aid your imagination as you walk around. Don't leave without seeing the map room, up the stairs in the back.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more