- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
La Bodega Review
This expansive restaurant, bar, and lounge is one of the hottest spots in town and one of the hardest reservations to get. The dining area is a series of elegant high-ceilinged rooms, which, with their dark wood and seductive lighting, evoke Casablanca as much as Europe. The see-and-be-seen crowd is as hip as Cairo gets. The kitchen produces a number of specialties hard to find anywhere else, including homemade focaccia with rosemary or olives, gazpacho, honey-glazed duck, and tuna carpaccio. The bar is at least as popular as the restaurant. Be prepared to eat early (by Cairo standards) if you want a shot at getting a table.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more