- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Cafe Riche Review
Founded in 1908, Cafe Riche was the social headquarters of much of Cairo's theater and literary communities and once had a cabaret where Umm Koulthum got her start in 1922. The food has not changed much since then and features such standard French-influenced Egyptian grill dishes as entrecôte in wine sauce with fries. The steak with pistachios is more innovative (and quite good), while there are all the usual local options, including fatta (a meat or vegetable casserole) and tahini. You can also get a good breakfast here.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more