- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Mashrabia Gallery Review
This gallery is on the tree-lined Shar'a Champollion (the street named after the Frenchman who broke the hieroglyphic code), and it's Cairo's best contemporary-art gallery. The space itself is not much to look at, but the quality of work is sometimes exceptional. Be on the lookout for exhibitions by Adel al-Siwi, Muhammad Abla, Rehab al-Sadek, Hamdi Atteya, or Awad al-Shimy. The gallery is open Saturday through Thursday from 11 to 8.
- Address: 8 Shar'a Champollion, Downtown, Cairo, 11728
- Phone: 02/2578–4494
- Location: Downtown and Bulaq
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more