- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
A spectacular building modeled on a store in Paris, Sednaoui is on a back corner of Ezbekiyya near Ataba Square and is now largely forgotten by most Cairenes. It was built in 1913 as the main branch of a chain owned by a pair of Levantine brothers and has the sort of architectural flourishes rare in Cairo today: a large greenhouse atrium, a swirling central staircase, and two priceless copper elevators that are worth a quick ride. Sadly, since Egypt's department stores were nationalized in the early 1960s, the original owners have long since left and there is little of interest to buy.
- Address: 3 Kazinder Sq., Downtown, Cairo
- Phone: 02/590–3613
- Hours: Mon.–Sat. 10–8
- Location: Downtown and Bulaq
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more