- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
When it comes to speedy service, McDonald's could learn a thing or two from the Saudis who own Al-Tazaj. They claim to get their produce from farm to grill in fewer than four hours, which is why (despite the fast-food decor) this joint turns out some of Cairo's tastiest grilled chicken—and little else. The birds are small, so you might want two; and while you're at it, ask for an extra container of the deliciously garlicky tahini to use as a dip.
- Address: 13–14 Sour Nadi el-Zamalek, Mohandiseen, Cairo, 12411
- Phone: 09018 in Egypt only
- Location: Mohandiseen
- Reservations not accepted.
- No credit cards.
- 30 Talaat Harb, Downtown, Cairo, 11111
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
I regret not listening to my friends that advise me not to go there . Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more