- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Abou El Sid
Abou El Sid Review
You'll feel as though you're walking into an Arabian palace when you pass through the portal of this restaurant—the decor might be a touch kitschy, but the food definitely isn't. This is the place to immerse yourself in the full works, Egyptian style, and it serves just about the best Egyptian cuisine in Cairo. The choice of mezze—both hot and cold—is impressive. For main courses you'll have a choice of grilled meats, stuffed pigeon, and slow-cooked meat stews. There's also a branch at City Stars Mall.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more