- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Beautifully remodeled to resemble a stone mansion, complete with a grand staircase at the entrance and a dining area that feels like a drawing room, Papillon serves superb Lebanese food. Although the menu is inevitably biased toward meat, including delicious lamb kebabs and kofta (ground meat shaped as kebabs), you can fashion a vegetarian meal out of the substantial appetizers. Be sure to try fattoush (a salad with fried-pita croutons) and the hummus, which comes with warm ‘aish shami (a puffy bread).
- Address: Tirsana Shopping Center (across from the Zamalek Sporting Club), Shar'a 26 Yulyu, Mohandiseen, Cairo
- Phone: 02/3347–1672
- Location: Mohandiseen
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more