- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Moghul Room Review
The Mohgul Room is a temple to the grandeur and refinement of Indian cuisine. The setting in the arches-and-romance splendor of the Mena House could hardly be more sublime, and Indian musicians create a seductive aural backdrop. Try luscious, yogurt-marinated tandoori; rich, buttery masala (a classic blend of spices); or tender dal cooked slowly over a flame—all accompanied by delicious, fresh-baked breads. The best of the desserts are kulfi (a slightly grainy ice cream infused with pistachio and cardamom) and gulab jamun (fried milk balls).
- Address: Mena House Oberoi Hotel, Shar'a al-Haram, Giza, Cairo, 12556
- Phone: 02/3377–3222
- Location: Giza
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more