- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Moghul Room Review
The Mohgul Room is a temple to the grandeur and refinement of Indian cuisine. The setting in the arches-and-romance splendor of the Mena House could hardly be more sublime, and Indian musicians create a seductive aural backdrop. Try luscious, yogurt-marinated tandoori; rich, buttery masala (a classic blend of spices); or tender dal cooked slowly over a flame—all accompanied by delicious, fresh-baked breads. The best of the desserts are kulfi (a slightly grainy ice cream infused with pistachio and cardamom) and gulab jamun (fried milk balls).
- Address: Mena House Oberoi Hotel, Shar'a al-Haram, Giza, Cairo, 12556
- Phone: 02/3377-3222
- Location: Giza
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Egypt Experience IExplore
- Egypt Family IExplore
- Egypt & Kenya Experience — $7,749 IExplore
- The Nile Revealed — $6,895 IExplore
- Egypt Family — $1,849 IExplore
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
Ok, I'm off to Egypt in Novermber to take part in the Cross Egypt Challenge.
Now you're probably asking what the heck is that? Well I'm a scooter rider and this is Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more