- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Overlooking Maydan Sphinx (Sphinx Square), Kandahar serves superb North Indian food. Because all dishes are excellent, consider ordering one of the set menus that include the highly seasoned mulligatawny soup, appetizers, a delicious stewed dal, a lamb or chicken curry, and rice and bread, as well as dessert. This will give you a chance to try a bit of everything. If you like your food heavily spiced, make this known—the heat has been turned down for local tastes. This is not a sign of a lack of authenticity—chili pepper is only one of the spices in the Indian culinary palette. The service is some of the best in town.
- Address: 3 Shar'a Gameat al-Dowal al-Arabiya, Mohandiseen, Cairo
- Phone: 02/3303–0615
- Location: Mohandiseen
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more