- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
This casual, mostly vegetarian, restaurant is a rare find, with an airy Mediterranean-style ground floor and a darker, candlelit upstairs. The always-innovative menu changes daily but usually consists of a soup, a couple of salads, baked vegetable dishes, and pastas—as well as meat and seafood specials. Favorites include green salad with sautéed mushrooms and Parmesan shavings; baked avocado, mushroom, and eggplant lasagna; pan-fried halloumi cheese with grilled cherry tomatoes; and salmon ravioli in a creamy dill sauce. There's Wi-Fi here.
- Address: 5 Shar'a Sayed al-Bakry, Zamalek, Cairo, 12151
- Phone: 02/2738–0080
- Location: Zamalek and Gezira
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more