- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
This casual, mostly vegetarian, restaurant is a rare find, with an airy Mediterranean-style ground floor and a darker, candlelit upstairs. The always-innovative menu changes daily but usually consists of a soup, a couple of salads, baked vegetable dishes, and pastas—as well as meat and seafood specials. Favorites include green salad with sautéed mushrooms and Parmesan shavings; baked avocado, mushroom, and eggplant lasagna; pan-fried halloumi cheese with grilled cherry tomatoes; and salmon ravioli in a creamy dill sauce. There's Wi-Fi here.
- Address: 5 Shar'a Sayed al-Bakry, Zamalek, Cairo, 12151
- Phone: 02/2738-0080
- Location: Zamalek and Gezira
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Beautiful Egypt! Flights to Cairo From 696 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- 5-Star InterContinental Cairo Semiramis Fr $91+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $34/night less
- Book 3-Star President in Cairo Fr $62+/Nt Expedia
- 5-Star Cairo Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1221 Expedia
- Sail to Cairo with Uniworld Boutique Cruises, 11 Nts Fr $4,299 Expedia
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
My friends and I booked a Princess Mediterranean cruise in early May. Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more