- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Cairo Hotel Reviews
Cairo has a growing number of five-star hotels (as rated by the Egyptian Hotel Association) scattered across the city, but many of Cairo's big business hotels disappoint. This may be because they are too characterless and modern (distinctive Egyptian atmosphere is lacking in almost all cases) or because they simply fail to measure up to international standards, most often in terms of service. There are certainly exceptions, and the general quality of the top hotels is on the rise at this writing. Regardless, the top-end hotels will offer all the facilities and modern conveniences you need to recuperate after a long day of sightseeing and shopping. Outside the five-star range, Cairo's options quickly grow limited, though there are still a few more budget-oriented hotels that fit the bill.
Cairo's top hotels are all quite affordable by international standards, but few have any sense of Old World charm. Expect to pay a substantial premium for a Nile or Pyramids view. While government authorities rate all hotels on a five-star scale, only a few really earn their stars. Outside the five-star range, Cairo's options quickly grow more limited. August and September are crowded with Gulf Arab arrivals, December and January and Easter are peaks for Europeans, and the major Islamic holidays see a lot of local and regional guests.
Browse Cairo Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's