- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
The National Museum of Egyptian Civilization
The Egyptian Department of Culture, in cooperation with UNESCO, has funded the new National Museum of Egyptian Civilization, which is due to open in Fustat (the original district of Islamic Cairo) at the intersection of Shar'a Ain el-Sira and Shar'a Masr al-Qadima sometime in 2011. The museum aims to lead visitors on a chronological journey through the long time frame of the country's history and to host important temporary exhibitions with the same theme. The collection will be divided into eight time eras, namely prehistoric, archaic, pharaonic, Greco-Roman, Coptic, Islamic, modern, and contemporary, and further expanded ideas will fall under the names The Dawn of Civilization, The Nile, State and Society, Material Culture, and Beliefs and Thinking. One of the main draws of the museum will be the collection of Royal Mummies that was still on display at the National Egyptian Museum at this writing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's