- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
The First View of the Great Pyramids. Stand at the viewing platform on the Pyramids' plateau and gaze out over the only remaining wonder of the ancient world.
King Tut. Come face to face with Tutankhamun's golden funerary mask—and other treasures from his tomb—at the Egyptian Antiquities Museum.
The Call to Prayer. Stand in Islamic Cairo at sunset and enjoy the muezzins calling from hundreds of minarets in the district.
Bettering Your Bargaining Skills. Never pay the first asking price for that must-have treasure at Cairo's famous Khan al-Khalili bazaar.
The Nightlife. Enjoy a cocktail while chilling out to cool vibes at Buddha Bar, one of Cairo's trendiest night spots in the Sofitel El Gezirah Hotel.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe