- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
The tourist information office is open daily. Winter hours are Saturday to Thursday, 8 to 3 and 6 to 8, Friday, 9 to 3 and 8 to 8. Summer hours are Saturday to Thursday, 8 to 3 and 7 to 9, Friday, 9 to 3 and 7 to 9. Ramadan hours are 10 to 2 and 6 to 8. The office has a very helpful, multilingual staff that can tell you about fixed taxi and felucca rates for short and long trips. The staff can also recommend guides and provide most any other information about Aswan.
Aswan Tourist Information Office. Next to train station. 097/231-2811.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe