- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Be aware that many buses never depart Cairo without a mechanic aboard; things can and do break down. Even Egyptians don't try to travel the full 879 km (546 mi) from Cairo to Aswan by bus. That's what the train is for. But if you will not be dissuaded, you can try to purchase tickets from Targoman Bus Station in Central Cairo.
Targoman Bus Station. Shar'a Mahata Aboud, Downtown, Cairo. 02/2431-6723.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's