- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
For sights near Aswan, private taxis are by far the easiest way to get around. You can take a prebooked day trip to Kom Ombo and the camel market. The Aswan High Dam and the point of departure for Lake Nasser cruises is a short distance from town, as are the docks for boats going to the island temples of Philae and Kalabsha. Abu Simbel, south of Aswan on Lake Nasser, is a 30-minute flight from Aswan or a three-hour road trip.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's