- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
The Aswan Dams
Two large dams have been built in Egypt to control the flow of the Nile and to preserve its flow for later irrigation of crops. One dates to the turn of the 20th century; the other (a much more massive undertaking) was built in the 1960s. The latter dam created Lake Nasser, the largest man-made lake in the world.
The Aswan Dams at a Glance
Elsewhere in Aswan and Lake Nasser
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's