In the heart of the souk, you can dine out on the small terrace and watch the world go, or revive yourself at one of the three (that's right, just three) tables in the exclusively small air-conditioned dining space. The menu holds no surprises; and the preliminary dishes are basic: correctly prepared, but no cause for excitement. The oomph arrives in the main courses: lamb kofta that's juicy and expertly spiced; grilled liver (somehow free of that bitter, metallic taste) with onions and green peppers; tender cuts of fried chicken or beef. Walls of bright white tiles and white tablecloths—soothing in Aswan's perpetual heat—are enlivened with touches of red on chairs and trim.
- Address: Shar‘a Saad Zaghloul, Downtown, Aswan
- Phone: 097/230–5696
- Location: The West Bank
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's