- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
In the heart of the souk, you can dine out on the small terrace and watch the world go, or revive yourself at one of the three (that's right, just three) tables in the exclusively small air-conditioned dining space. The menu holds no surprises; and the preliminary dishes are basic: correctly prepared, but no cause for excitement. The oomph arrives in the main courses: lamb kofta that's juicy and expertly spiced; grilled liver (somehow free of that bitter, metallic taste) with onions and green peppers; tender cuts of fried chicken or beef. Walls of bright white tiles and white tablecloths—soothing in Aswan's perpetual heat—are enlivened with touches of red on chairs and trim.
- Address: Shara Saad Zaghloul, Downtown, Aswan
- Phone: 097/230-5696
- Location: The West Bank
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
Ok, I'm off to Egypt in Novermber to take part in the Cross Egypt Challenge.
Now you're probably asking what the heck is that? Well I'm a scooter rider and this is Read more