- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Isis Corniche Hotel
At a Glance
- location, location, and price, because Internet booking engines can make this hotel more affordable than so-called budget properties
- rooms welcome smokers with matchbooks in the ash trays
- Internet booking engines can fool you into thinking you've made reservations at the other Pyramisa in town, the one that's on an island
Check Rates from our Partners
Isis Corniche Hotel Review
All that work you put in on the Stairmaster is good preparation for a stay here. Not only does this hotel sit smack-dab on the waterfront, it's a quick two-block walk to the restaurants and shops of the souk, and a ferry ride away from Aswan's islands and West Bank—so long as several flights of stairs are no bother. Down, down to the lobby from the Corniche, then up, up to your bungalow, down then up again to return to street level. The property appears to be of an age where perpetual renovations are needed. Hope that you find yourself in one of the updated rooms, where a fresh coat of paint, newer furniture, and regrouted baths will go a long way to give this hotel some of its long-lost allure. Someday, when all rooms are thus refurbished, it might regain the fourth star it lost a few years back. Now, if management could just install deadbolts (locks are of the push-button variety), you wouldn't need to block the door each night before retiring. Each room has a terrace and is set among reestablished shrubs and flower beds; Nile-side rooms give up the terrace for water-level views.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more