- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Part restaurant, part herbal pharmacy, part museum, Panorama is one of the city's Nile-front fab five of pontoon eateries. Dine outside or in at this clean riverside spot where vegetarians, diabetics, and others with specific needs are served on the shady floating terrace or in the plant-filled, Nubian-decorated dining room. The walls are flush with beaded amulets, brass fetishes, basketry, and camel saddlebags. This is the place to order medicinal teas that promise to treat everything from coughs to weight problems. Oh, yes, about the menu: Egyptian tagines and charcoal-grilled kofta (ground-beef meatballs), kebabs, pigeon, and chicken. There is no alcohol, so instead try one of Aswan's ice-cold libations: karkadey (hibiscus tea), tamarind, carob, or dom (a drink made from the fruit of Sudanese palms). After the meal, don't miss the Bedouin coffee.
- Address: Corniche al-Nil, just south of the EgyptAir office, Corniche, Aswan
- Phone: 097/230–6169
- Location: The West Bank
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more