- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
The Trattoria Review
The pasta and main dishes on the basic Italian menu are appetizing alternatives to Aswan's ubiquitous kebabs and tagines. Tagliatelle served with a fresh tomato sauce and a remote relative of Parmesan cheese is fresh and surprisingly light. Although it's homemade, the lasagna is not always spinach-based, as advertised; this Upper Egyptian version is a hot, hearty tagine of spiced ground meat, pasta, and cheese topped with béchamel sauce. Breaded veal cutlets served in tomato sauce and cheese are tasty and substantial.
- Address: Pyramisa Isis Corniche Hotel, Corniche al-Nil, Corniche, Aswan
- Phone: 097/231–5100
- Location: The West Bank
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more