- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
The Temple of al-Derr was moved near the site of Amada in 1964. It is a rock-cut temple built by Ramses II and dedicated to himself, Amun-Ra, Ra-Harakhte, and Ptah. The temple is well decorated, and its bright colors are still visible—particularly in the area before the sanctuary.
- Address: ,
- Location: Interior Lake Nasser Monuments
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
Ok, I'm off to Egypt in Novermber to take part in the Cross Egypt Challenge.
Now you're probably asking what the heck is that? Well I'm a scooter rider and this is Read more