The Temple of al-Derr was moved near the site of Amada in 1964. It is a rock-cut temple built by Ramses II and dedicated to himself, Amun-Ra, Ra-Harakhte, and Ptah. The temple is well decorated, and its bright colors are still visible—particularly in the area before the sanctuary.
- Address: Egypt
- Location: Interior Lake Nasser Monuments
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's