- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Frequented by Egyptians and foreigners, the well-known El-Masry is a cool refuge from the rigors of the souk. The restaurant's been running since 1958 and has an American-diner-meets-French-café appeal. A broth of lamb and beef, a plate of rice, a dish of veggies, and a basket of whole-wheat flatbread precede the charcoal-grilled meats. Service is quick. No alcohol is served.
- Address: Shar‘a Matar, just off Shar‘a al-Souk, Downtown, Aswan
- Phone: 097/230–2576
- Location: The West Bank
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more