- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Chief Khalil Review
You know you're in a special place when a steady stream of Egyptians—a breed who believe mightily in home cooking—breeze in here to place the orders they'll later carry home to their families. Just nine small tables, usually filled, sit among the nautical blues and yellows of decorative tiles inside; a couple of outside tables by the front door give onto the pedestrian souk. This is a fish place, where the subject at hand sits in small cases under ice. Take your pick of mullet, sole, or sea bream, for instance, and they'll tell you the price, cook it however you like, and serve it with rice and mezze. If you opt for tagine-style preparation—who knew a fish casserole could taste so rich?—just watch out for the bones.
- Address: Shara Saad Zaghloul, next door to the Paradise Hotel, Downtown, Aswan
- Phone: 097/231-0142
- Location: The West Bank
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
I am planning to spend four nights in Cairo. Read more