- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Chief Khalil Review
You know you're in a special place when a steady stream of Egyptians—a breed who believe mightily in home cooking—breeze in here to place the orders they'll later carry home to their families. Just nine small tables, usually filled, sit among the nautical blues and yellows of decorative tiles inside; a couple of outside tables by the front door give onto the pedestrian souk. This is a fish place, where the subject at hand sits in small cases under ice. Take your pick of mullet, sole, or sea bream, for instance, and they'll tell you the price, cook it however you like, and serve it with rice and mezze. If you opt for tagine-style preparation—who knew a fish casserole could taste so rich?—just watch out for the bones.
- Address: Shar‘a Saad Zaghloul, next door to the Paradise Hotel, Downtown, Aswan
- Phone: 097/231–0142
- Location: The West Bank
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more