- Abu Simbel Study the powerful yet serene face of the pharaoh on the monumental statuary on the facade of the Temple of Ramses II.
- Philae Soak in the atmosphere at the island-bound temple dedicated to the goddess Isis, which still welcomed worshippers in the 5th century AD.
- A Felucca Sail Take to the Nile on a traditional sail around the Cataracts—the colossal mounds of granite that are scattered across the path of the river.
- A Nile Cruise Immerse yourself in Agatha Christie's novel Death on the Nile while relaxing on the upper deck of a luxury cruise boat.
- Nubian Culture Turn amateur anthropologist as you explore the long history of the Nubian people at the Nubia Museum or partake of their rich culture at a Nubian village.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More