- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
There is an airport in Alexandria, but flying to Alex from Cairo will end up taking longer than catching a train, which is why so few people do it. Taking into account ground transport to and from the airports, frequent delays of flights, and having to get to the airport an hour before your flight, the half-hour flight doesn't save any time. However, EgyptAir offers at least one flight per day to Alexandria Nozha Airport, and tickets currently cost around E430 round-trip.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe