As a rule, addresses are rarely used, and everyone navigates by names and landmarks, but with breezes almost always coming off the sea, orientation is fairly easy—when in doubt, head into the wind. Unfortunately, several of the city's best hotels are inconveniently located in or near Montazah. But it's a relatively painless drive into Downtown—about 15 minutes from Downtown to Montazah, less from other districts—past a string of neighborhoods with such evocative names as Chatby, Roushdi, and Sidi Gabr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's