- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
As a rule, addresses are rarely used, and everyone navigates by names and landmarks, but with breezes almost always coming off the sea, orientation is fairly easy—when in doubt, head into the wind. Unfortunately, several of the city's best hotels are inconveniently located in or near Montazah. But it's a relatively painless drive into Downtown—about 15 minutes from Downtown to Montazah, less from other districts—past a string of neighborhoods with such evocative names as Chatby, Roushdi, and Sidi Gabr.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe