Sights & Attractions in Alexandria
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
You need to have a fairly serious death fetish to make the effort...
|Cemeteries, Memorials / Monuments||El Anfushi|
This area acquired its reputation in the 1960s as the place where...
|Markets / Bazaars||Downtown and Raml Station|
The Battlefield and Monuments of El Alamein
The desert west of Alexandria was the field of one of the decisive...
|Museums / Galleries, Military Sites, Cemeteries||El Anfushi|
This monumental, $190 million, UNESCO-sponsored project began...
|Museums / Galleries, Architectural Sites, Libraries||Downtown and Raml Station|
Catacombs of Kom al-Shoqafa
This is the most impressive of Alexandria's ancient remains...
|Archaeological Sites, Cemeteries||Downtown and Raml Station|
Fort Qayt Bay
This sandstone fort lies on the very tip of the Corniche, dominating...
|Military Sites, Nautical Sites||El Anfushi|
One of Alexandria's most stylish institutions since it opened...
|Architectural Sites, Restaurants||Downtown and Raml Station|
The focal point of this excavated section of the ancient city...
|Arts / Performance Venues, Architectural Sites||Downtown and Raml Station|
When the descendents of Mohammed Ali became khedives (princes)...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Downtown and Raml Station|
Despite being Alexandria's most famous tourist sight, Pompey's...
|Memorials / Monuments||Downtown and Raml Station|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's