- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Fodor's Washington, D.C. 2014
Spitfire Bar Review
This is a real sailor's bar: banknotes and bumper stickers from all over the world cover the walls, and among the other decorations are a yellowing advertisement for the Marines by the cash register, a fairly tame poster of a woman in a wet T-shirt, and the inevitable dogs-playing-pool carpet. But the atmosphere couldn't be more congenial—it's almost sedate—and there isn't a hint of sleaze to be found anywhere. The Spitfire is just north of Shar'a Sa'd Zaghlul on Shar'a Ancienne Bourse. It's closed on Sunday, and open until midnight all other nights.
- Address: 7 Shar'a Ancienne Bourse, Manshiya Alexandria
- Phone: 03/480–6503.
- Location: Alexandria
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more