At a Glance
- views from the roof terrace, which is a good place to relax
- friendly staff
- street noise is a problem on lower floors
- restaurant not recommendable
Petit Coin Review
1 Petit Coin. The name ("Little Corner" in French) fits this cozy, simple hotel, just off Maydan Ahmed Orabi. There's nothing complicated about the Petit Coin—the spare rooms are clean, comfy, and air-conditioned, which makes it an inviting choice if you want a convenient place to stay right in the city. Rooms look out over the busy square and down to the water; for rooms on high floors, the noise is not an issue, but on lower floors you will hear traffic noise even with your windows closed. The best views are at the hotel's café, which is a fine place to watch the sun set over the rooftops. The hotel serves no alcohol, and it's a good idea to pass on the restaurant.
- Address: 5 Shar'a Ahmed Orabi, Manshiya, Alexandria
- Phone: 03/487–1503
- Location: Downtown and Raml Station
- 52 rooms
- No credit cards.