- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Fodor's Washington, D.C. 2014
At a Glance
- views from the roof terrace, which is a good place to relax
- friendly staff
- street noise is a problem on lower floors
- restaurant not recommendable
Check Rates from our Partners
Petit Coin Review
1 Petit Coin. The name ("Little Corner" in French) fits this cozy, simple hotel, just off Maydan Ahmed Orabi. There's nothing complicated about the Petit Coin—the spare rooms are clean, comfy, and air-conditioned, which makes it an inviting choice if you want a convenient place to stay right in the city. Rooms look out over the busy square and down to the water; for rooms on high floors, the noise is not an issue, but on lower floors you will hear traffic noise even with your windows closed. The best views are at the hotel's café, which is a fine place to watch the sun set over the rooftops. The hotel serves no alcohol, and it's a good idea to pass on the restaurant.
- Address: 5 Shar'a Ahmed Orabi, Manshiya, Alexandria
- Phone: 03/487–1503
- Location: Downtown and Raml Station
- 52 rooms.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more