- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Al Farouk Review
Named for King Farouk (who ruled from 1936 to 1952), this restaurant used to be his summer office. The decor is definitely fit for a king: alabaster columns, china, and stained-glass windows. The gorgeously printed menu mixes old photos of royal weddings and affairs of state with dishes on an internationally regal theme. Look for tender foie gras Louis XV (foie gras in a port-wine sauce) or decadent Caviar Raspoutine (caviar selection with blinis) served on a bed of ice. The best entrées are the sharkesseya d'Istanbul (chicken stewed in a subtle walnut sauce) and the filet blanc et noir Ras el-Tin (veal and beef steaks with foie gras and mushrooms).
- Address: El-Salamlek Palace, Montazah Palace grounds, Montazah, Alexandria, 21411
- Phone: 03/547-7999
- Location: Eastern Shoreline
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Egypt Experience IExplore
- Egypt Family IExplore
- Egypt & Kenya Experience — $7,749 IExplore
- The Nile Revealed — $6,895 IExplore
- Egypt Family — $1,849 IExplore
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
Ok, I'm off to Egypt in Novermber to take part in the Cross Egypt Challenge.
Now you're probably asking what the heck is that? Well I'm a scooter rider and this is Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more