Fodor's Washington, D.C. 2014
Grand Trianon Review
This is Alexandria's most gorgeous restaurant, with high ceilings, elaborate carved wooden chandeliers, and swirling art nouveau murals decorating the walls. People have always said that some day the kitchen will be taken over by a chef equal to the decor, but for now the food remains enjoyable but unspectacular. If you stick close to the Egyptian or French basics, you'll play to their strengths. As appetizers the sambousik (phyllo pastries stuffed with cheese or meat) and French onion soup are quite good, and the entrecôte of beef makes an excellent main course. For dessert, you can linger at your table or relocate to the adjoining café.
- Address: Maydan Sa'd Zaghlul, Raml Station, Alexandria, 21131
- Phone: 03/482–0986
- Location: Downtown and Raml Station
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's