- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Fodor's Washington, D.C. 2014
Monty Bar Review
The Cecil's bar was named after General Montgomery, who commanded the Allied troops in the Battle of El Alamein. Monty Bar is a suitably conservative, wood-paneled venue. The clientele is a mixture of expat workers and sophisticated Cairenes. There's regular live music, but Monty's is too small to take the volume levels, so conversation can become impossible.
- Address: Sofitel Cecil Hotel, Maydan Sa'd Zaghlul, Alexandria, 21131
- Phone: 03/487–7173
- Location: Alexandria
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more