- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fast Facts about Botswana
Size At 581,730 square km (224,607 square miles), it's roughly the size of France or Texas.
Number of National Parks Six. Chobe National Park (including the Savuti and Linyani areas); Mokolodi Nature Reserve; Moremi Game Reserve; Okavango Delta; Central Kalahari Game Reserve; Kgalagadi National Park.
Number of Private Reserves As new private reserves and concessions are established regularly, it's difficult to estimate. Private reserves can be found in all the following areas: Okavango Delta, Moremi Wildlife Reserve, Chobe, Linyanti, Savuti, Selinda, Kwando, Kalahari, the Tuli Block, Makgadikgadi Pans.
Population 2 million.
Big Five The gang's all here.
Language The national language is Setswana, but English is the official language and is spoken nearly everywhere.
Time Botswana is on CAST (Central African standard time), which is two hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time and seven hours ahead of North American Eastern Standard Time.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe