- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to VIsit Botswana
The Okavango Delta. Whether you're drifting dreamily in a mokoro (canoe) through the crystal-clear, papyrus-fringed channels or walking among ancient trees on one of the many islands, your everyday world is guaranteed to fade from your consciousness.
Big Game. You won't find huge herds as in the Serengeti, but you'll come face-to-face with more critters than you ever knew existed. And there won't be hordes of other visitors blocking your view or diluting the experience.
Birding. Marvel at more than 900 species—many endemic—that crowd the game reserves. A sighting of a Pel's Fishing Owl, one of the world's rarest birds, will have Audubon twitching in his grave.
Walking with the Bushmen. Far from being lifeless, deserts are miracles of plenty, you just have to be in the right company—that of the Kalahari Bushmen. Listen to their dissonant music and watch them dance a dance as old as time.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe