Trip Idea Categories:
istockphoto / © Inga Ivanova
Spa Vacations Guide
Whether you choose the latest day treatments on the Las Vegas strip or a remote hideaway in California Wine Country, a quick weekend getaway to one of these top spa hotels will recharge and rejuvenate.
- California Wine Country has an edge on many other places in the country that might offer spa treatments, because there are abundant natural mud baths and mineral water sources. Some of the best wine country spas include the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn, the Kenwood Inn, and the Villagio Inn.
- Most people probably wouldn't call Las Vegas a relaxing place to visit, but it actually can be. The Canyon Ranch Spa Club at the Venetian offers everything you might expect of a hotel spa, plus the unusual Rasul Ceremony, a Middle Eastern treatment of herbal steam and medicinal mud in a tiled steam chamber – perfect for couples. The Wynn, the Bellagio, and many other hotels also each have unique spa offerings.
- In Phoenix, the 1929 landmark Arizona Biltmore Hotel is a step back to a gentler, more refined era. Their spa focuses on organic and eco-friendly treatments.
- Puerto Vallarta is a spa-lover's dream. From elegant resort spas scented with essence of orange and bergamot to Aztec-inspired day spas, there's something for everyone.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's