Trip Idea Categories:
hulagirl69, Fodors.com Member
Family Travel Guide
If you're traveling with kids, chances are you're looking for a trip that will be educational, convenient, and most of all fun. Here are some of the most easily accessible and kid-friendly places you can go, from Disney World to the Grand Canyon.
- Take the kids fossil-hunting at the Grand Canyon, a classic American family destination. We have several tips for avoiding the crowds—and for finding freebies.
- You can't go wrong at Disney World. Avoiding a meltdown there is easy if you plan ahead a little—and your own enjoyment is just as important as the little ones'. The hidden Mickeys scavenger hunt is a great way to stay busy when lines get long.
- With all its history and free museums and other things to do, Washington, D.C. is a no-brainer family vacation. Visit our short list of essential sights to see with kids.
- There's lots to see at Yellowstone National Park. Luckily, the many educational offerings available will help you make the most of your time. Once you're all tired out, take a scenic drive—but keep an eye out for Bison!
- From riding the cable cars to visiting the sea lions at Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco is a perfect kid-friendly destination. Check out our list of things kids love in SF. Don't forget to have a little fun yourself with a quick daytrip outta town.