Trip Idea Categories:
Diane Payne, Fodors.com Member
Adventure Travel Guide
If you prefer mountains over monuments, or rafting over Renoir, begin exploring ideas for your next trip here. The classic destinations continue to evolve—think Costa Rica and New Zealand—while far-flung upstarts offer unique opportunities to explore pristine new ground.
- Track some wildlife in Death Valley & the Mojave Desert. While you're there, take a spooky side trip to one of the ghost towns that dot the valley.
- Learn to surf on the North Shore of Oahu, or try some Scuba Diving or Snorkeling. Our 1-day itineraries can help you make the most of your down time.
- Catch a plane to Costa Rica, where you can revel in the biodiversity of this verdant paradise, or catch a wave. The dive cruises to Coco Island are for serious divers only.
- Visit Whistler for some cross-country or downhill skiing; if you plan ahead you might catch one of the many festivals and events that take place here.
- Escape to New Zealand, where Queenstown and the Southern Alps are an adventure mecca. Bungy jumping, fly-fishing, and hiking are all top reasons to go.