1. CONTEST PERIOD: The contest begins 9:00:00 a.m. ET on November 1, 2011 and ends 9:00:00 p.m. ET on November 15, 2011.
2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To submit your entry: (1) Facebook "like" Fodor's Travel (facebook.com/fodorstravel); and (2) submit your entry by following the instructions at www.facebook.com/FodorsTravel?sk=app_313232208693742. Your entry must be limited to three (3) photographs of Hawaii, and each photograph must be submitted along with a title, caption and description of each photograph according to the instructions. Any other form of online entry and mail-in entries will not be accepted. Photographs may include landscape, locales, activities, people and/or animals, but must convey the allure of Hawaii. Photographs must be in color and must have been shot by entrant within the past five (5) years (since November 1, 2006). Entries must be received during the Contest Period. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY AND THREE (3) PHOTOGRAPHS PER PERSON AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNT. In the case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Facebook account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Incomplete entries or entries that do not comply with the instructions provided will be rejected. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are late, misdirected, lost, garbled, or unintelligible, including those due to computer or network malfunction or congestion (including at sponsor), and any such entries are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries from anyone tampering with the entry process. All entries and submissions (excluding any underlying copyright) become the sole property of the sponsor, and will not be returned or acknowledged.
3. ELIGIBLITY: You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry to be eligible. All federal, state and local regulations and any other applicable laws apply. Void where prohibited. Employees of Random House, Inc., Fox Searchlight Pictures, 20th Century Fox Film Corporation, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers and agencies and their immediate family members and persons living in their households are not eligible to enter this contest.
4. JUDGING: Eligible entries will be judged by the author of The Descendants, Kaui Hart Hemming. Each photograph and accompanying description will be treated as a single work and will be judged as a whole. Entries will be judged on the following criteria: impact of visual and verbal expression conveying the essence of Hawaii (50%); overall quality of photograph (30%); creativity/originality (20%). The decision of the judge will be final.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be selected on or about November 16, 2011 and will be notified by e-mail. Winners will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within five (5) days of the date of notification. Failure to execute and return this Affidavit and Release by the deadline will result in disqualification, and sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner in such circumstance.
6. PRIZES: Five (5) Grand Prize winners will each receive The Descendants prize pack including: two (2) run-of-engagement tickets to see the motion picture, one (1) themed Hawaiian shirt, one (1) themed fleece blankets, two (2) copies of the official film soundtrack from the Motion Picture, two (2) copies of The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings, and two (2) copies of Fodor's Hawaii 2012 (Total ARV $202.00). Run-of-engagement passes are good Monday through Thursday (excluding holidays) and must be redeemed before the run of the motion picture terminates. Passes received through this contest do not guarantee you a seat at the theatre. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis and the theatre is open to paying customers. All federal, state and local regulations apply. A recipient of tickets assumes any and all risks related to use of ticket, and accepts any restrictions required by ticket provider. Sponsor, Fox Searchlight Pictures, 20th Century Fox Film Corporation, and their affiliates accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any loss or accident incurred in connection with use of a prize, and are not responsible if, for any reason, winner is unable to use his/her ticket in whole or in part. Void where prohibited by law. Winners are responsible for all tax consequences and compliance with all governmental reporting and payment requirements. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be assigned. No prize or cash substitutes allowed, except at the discretion of the sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value if prizes, as stated herein, become unavailable.
7. LICENSE AND WARRANTIES: By entering this contest, entrants grant to sponsor and its licensees and assigns, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide right to copy, crop, edit, publish, display, distribute, sublicense or otherwise use their photographs in connection with the publication or display of sponsor's travel-related content, in all languages and all media, whether now known or hereinafter devised, including without limitation on the Internet, on mobile platforms and/or devices and on the cover or in the interior of sponsor's travel guides, and in the advertising, publicity and promotion thereof. Entrants warrant that their photographs are their original work and are not owned by any other person or entity; do not violate any law or regulation; and do not infringe the rights of any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any copyright or trademark rights and/or rights of privacy or publicity. Entrants understand and acknowledge that they will not have any right of approval over the use of the photographs and will not receive any compensation as a result of any use of the photographs by sponsor. Entrants also understand and agree that nothing in this agreement obligates sponsor to use their photographs.
8. PHOTOGRAPHY CREDIT: Any photographs used by sponsor pursuant to the license above shall be credited with the entrant's first name and last initial as displayed on facebook.com.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to any computer, other equipment, or person relating to or resulting from participation in the sweepstakes, or participation in the Facebook social network. This Sweepstakes is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be in New York, New York. By entering, entrants agree to these Official Rules and release the sponsor, Fox Searchlight Pictures, 20th Century Fox Film Corporation, and their agencies and assigns from any liability, damage and/or loss resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Except where prohibited, acceptance of the prize constitutes winners' consent to sponsor's use of their names and likenesses for promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide, in perpetuity without further payment or consideration. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time and to permanently disqualify from the contest any person it has reason to believe has violated these Official Rules.
10. WINNER'S LIST: For the name of the winners, available after November 30, 2011, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Fodor's Travel/ATTN: The Descendants Hawaii Photo Contest, 1745 Broadway, New York, NY 10019 by December 15, 2011.
11. SPONSOR: Fodor's Travel, a division of Random House, Inc., 1745 Broadway, New York, NY 10019.